passion tea lemonade
I love summertime especially when it is accompanied by a Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade. Sometimes, it’s too much to get to Starbucks or to pay the $4 for a beverage that you can make at home. Check out the recipe below for a copy cat recipe of Starbucks’ Passion Tea Lemonade! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
– Tazo Passion Tea bags *Note, you can buy the Tazo tea bags at Starbucks, but they are also often found at grocery stores or Target for cheaper.
– Honey or other sweetener
– Lemonade, fresh squeezed, concentrate, really whatever you prefer
– Water & Ice
1) Steep 5 tea bags in boiling water. You’ll need to use a large container for this, as it will be a large amount of water. I used an extra-large pyrex measuring cup.
2) Steep them for at least 10 minutes. I left mine in several hours because it was the dinnertime and bedtime craze, and they got forgotten. No big deal, it was just super concentrated. I use a little less and water it down.
3) Take the tea bags out and store the concentrate in the refrigerator.
1) Basically you are using a 2:1 sweetener to water ratio. Ie. 2 cups of water and 1 cup of honey (or sweetener of choice). I used half honey and half coconut palm sugar. Most types of sweetener will do fine. You could probably even use stevia in this recipe – just skip the simple syrup bit and add the liquid right to your drink.
2) Bring to a boil in a pot over the heat, and slowly simmer to reduce. Simmer and stir frequently for about five minutes, then remove from heat to cool. This mixture can be stored in the fridge for quite a while, but probably won’t last long if you love this lemonade like I do!
Copy Cat- Passion Tea Lemonade:
1) Fill your cup about a third full of Passion Tea concentrate (I like to use a mason jar, and you’ll see why in a minute).
2) Add a small amount of simple syrup (maybe start with 1/4 cup and add from there, to taste), and twice as much lemonade
3) Fill with ice. Taste test.
4) If the flavor is too strong you can always add extra water or additional simple syrup if desired.